Thursday 21 June 2007

Educating Myself

After months of hard work, I decided to go for holiday again..sorry no, I mean go for a conference. Always a good excuse to get away from work. I will be attending the Spring Meeting of the Association of Cardiothoracic Anaesthetists (ACTA) tomorrow in Cambridge. In fact, I am already here. I am staying at The Moller Centre this evening. It is fairly cheap by UK standard. £67 per night B&B. Conference price. Normal price is only £10 extra. Good size and clean room. But, the best thing is that the WiFi is free....wahahaha...! Another advantage is that the meetings are held here and also at Churchill College next door. So, no need to rush.

I like Cambridge. One of my favourite cities in UK. Lots of things going on and it is always a pleasure to walk through university grounds. There is a river running through it and punting is a favourite past time here, especially during the summer. Last year, I took the opportunity of this conference to turn it into a caravan holiday. Took my family here as well. The caravan park is only 3 miles from the city centre and there is a park and ride nearby. There is a good Thai restaurant and also a Tapas resturant in town. Can't remember the names though.

Anyway, the highlight for this year's conference is Davy Cheng from Canada. A very prominent Chinese anaesthetist from Canada. Hahaha....Chinese boleh!! Ok lah, got to go to sleep now. Signing off...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

No comments: