Friday 13 June 2008

So busy...so busy..


Wah...........so, so busy lately. Sorry , haven't posted for so long. Today, in particular was a long marathon. Can you imagine sitting in a room from 9am till 6 pm examining medical students for OSCE........almost non-stop.....72 students in all! Glad to say, I passed them all, although one came very close to crashing. My first time being an official examiner. In the morning, I think I was just as nervous as the candidates. I hate exams!!! Vowed I would never take any more exams, once I passed my last professional exams. Hmmmm! Does this qualify as sado-machism??

On a lighter note, I have finally taken up dSLR photography. Been learning how to use it in the last few months. Quite a steep learning curve. Being mong cha-cha, I plumbed for the Nikon D300. When it arrived, I was like....errr, what do I do with this monster? Apart from turning it on, I did not have any clue what to do next. Auto focus..sounds easy, but how do I switch to that mode; white balancing...oh dear, I am getting a whiteout in my cerebral cortex; spot metering...oh shit, now I know I am in trouble! Mind you, it was a struggle trying to attach the Sigma 18-200mm lens that came with it. And, and.....is that a speck of dust on the lens....wipe the lens, easy; that should take care of it.....hell no! It's still there! %%$^%**! Air what? An air brush?......never heard of it. Sigh, guess its another trip into Jessops.

As you might have guessed, my main interest with all these is to do with underwater photography. Currently, reading a book called "The Underwater Photographer" by Martin Edge. Really excellent book. Learnt as much about u/w photography as dSLR photography from it. Getting very excited now. I have finally sorted out all my kit for u/w photography. My 60mm macro and 12-24mm Nikon lenses will be arriving in the morning. In the last month, I have spent a small fortune acquiring all the stuff. Sea & Sea MDXD300 housing, ports, strobes etc etc...........have all put a dent in my bank a/c. For the first time in my life I have been frozen out of my credit card, as I have reached the limit! Unbelievable!!. Sigh....more private practice I guess! Hello...yes....the toilet needs cleaning?.....ok, I'll be there straightaway!

Red Sea trip update. Yahoo! I have filled 13 (oh dear, unlucky number) places on my boat. Can't wait to get out there. Still 7 places left folks, if any of you fancy a week of inclusive diving, sun, sea and .........errr sex? No, you got to provide your own. Charging points available for your batteries, though. Hehe! For your dive torch!!!........you perverts!

Anyway.........signing off now, for a another period of hibernation.........maybe???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to see u are finally awake horrr

wahhhh... u so rich one ah? spend until reach credit card limit!!! better be good pix from the Red Sea holiday :)

Dino said...

Yah man...better be good picture. We'll be watching you!!

Anonymous said...

Where is the pictures la! Still waiting!