Sunday 15 July 2007

Trickiest Task




Once a week, it is my turn to get my daughter ready in the morning and send her to the nursery school. I usually get her up at 7am, and give myself an hour to do everything before we head out the door. After I get her to the school, I would then have to head off to work. As any parent (usually mum) can testify, this is probably the most hectic time of the day. Add to that, the pressure of getting to work on time; this can turn the hour into an absolutely manic time.

So, how do I do it? First of all, I would get her up and plump her straight in front of the TV. Bad habit I know, but this is my way of expediting things. Then I would proceed to make her the milk (she takes a special milk formulation), and also give her a bowl of rice krispies. While she is having her breakfast, I would dash upstairs to wash myself and get ready. After that, I would proceed to give her a body wipe and change her. Yep..right in front of the telly. Then, I would get her to brush her teeth in the downstairs toilet. After that, I would try my best to tie her hair. I find that this is the trickiest part of the morning. It would take me multiple attempts before I get it right. First of all, I would have to comb her hair. Then I have to divide her hair in the center on the back, as I want to tie it into 2 equal pony tails. So, symmetry is very important. I would then proceed to tie one pony tail at a time. This is made all the more harder every time she moves her head. She just can't stop wriggling about. So, with one eye on the clock,this can sometimes be a frustrating task. However, perseverance usually trimphs and wah lah...the result as you can see on the photo above. Not bad, huh?

4 comments:

PreciousPearl said...

eh, you used two different coloured hair bobbles - fail, fail, fail! need more training... LOL

Hammerhead said...

It's called artistic license...

Anonymous said...

Senget lah....:p

Anonymous said...

*rolling on floor laughing* *reach out for a hammer*

Next time, tie a pony tail. That is the easiest.;)