Monday 17 March 2008

Early Diver Training


When we were down at the London Dive Show, I managed to buy a mask and snorkel which just fitted Elly's face nicely. Thot I am going to start training her to be a diver from now....hehe, she is only 4 1/2 years old.

So, yesterday, I put the snorkel in her mouth and pinched her nostrils shut and ask her to practice breathing through her mouth. She did well, and so after a couple of minutes, I fitted the snorkel to the mask and put the whole thing on. Again, after about 5 minutes of practice, I'd reckon that she was ready for the pool. So, off we went to our club pool. There was initial reluctance to put her face in the water, but after a few minutes of coaching, she was off on her own snorkelling away. To enhance the experience, I taught her some scuba diving hand signals e,g . ok, problems and up and down signs. I would then swim underwater and signal to her at the surface.

Ok, I have to say it. I am so proud of her, and yeah..........definitely a budding diver in the making!

1 comment:

PreciousPearl said...

well done Elly... now just gotta watch out for all those buayas and sharks! LOL