Wednesday 17 October 2007

Cycle and Sail Tour


Although Monday's tour was long, it was fairly laid back. So, for a change today, I went for a cycle and sail tour. We started cycling from Fisherman's Wharf towards the Golden Gate bridge. Along the way, I saw some wild herons feeding in a little pond. Also as we stopped just under the bridge to take a rest, we saw some dolphins swimming by. Quite amazing! There were a few stretches where we had to cycled uphill. I have to admit I was puffing and panting a bit along the way. As we were crossing the bridge, I saw a batch of pelicans flying just under the bridge. This place just doesn't stop amazing me. Too bad I did not get a chance to get my camera ready. Was cycling at the time.

Along the ride, we could also take pictures of the bridge from so many various angles. I was taking so many shots that an unsuspecting passerby would easily mistaken me for an architecture student. The final stretch into Sausalito was the easiest as it was all the way downhill. Have taken some video shots, but would upload them when I get back home, as the wifi in my hotel room can't cope with this. Had lunch in Sausalito and then caught the ferry back to Fisherman's Wharf.

I think, of all the tours that I took this time, this has to be the best. Anyway, tomorrow is the last day of my conference. Will be heading to Seattle for a couple of days before heading back to UK.

No comments: