Friday 5 October 2007

Summer Recess is Over - Part 2



Ok...ok, I am really neglecting my blog. Sorry about that folks. So, to quickly summarise the summer (haha!)and a bit of autumn, the following are what we have been up to in brief:

May
Two of my aunties (one from Vancouver and the other from Malaysia) were visiting with me. They were touring on their own for most of the time. However, they also managed to stay a few days with us between their mini trips during the months. We managed to bring them for a flying visit to the Lake District for a very short visit. Also managed to visit Lancaster and caught with some very good friends of mine, Jayne and Andy and their beautiful daughter Josephine. We also made a nostalgic visit to our former house. Kept making wrong turns as I had forgotten my way - duh! Hey! It has been 6 years since we left OK?

June
Went for conferences in Cambridge and Monk Fryston, Yorkshire.

Went down to the Canadian Embassy in London to get my visitor's visa. A pain in the neck...but what to do? I am still loyally hanging on to my Malaysia passsport. So, every now and then have to jump thru' some hoops. But what the heck...I don't understand why Malaysians also have to apply for visa to go to Canada. Aren't we suppose to be members of the Commonwealth? Mahathir Mohammed was right on the spot when he said that the "Commonwealth is where the wealth is not common".

July

My wife and daughter went to visit my aunt in Vancouver. I joined them in the third week. Had a great time. Managed to go up to Whistler Mountain. Absolutely amazing views. Will definitely have to go back there for the skiing in the future. Canada is such a huge country. I think that to really visit the country properly, one would have to get a mobile home and tour it for a couple of months at least. Another highlight was getting to meet so many of my relatives there. I can't believe that I had not met the majority of them before in my life!

August

Elected Vice Chairman of my department. Err! Guess, I'd better start behaving myself.

September

Went back to Lancaster for the christening of my goddaughter, Josephine. Thanks for asking me to be her godfather Jayne and Andy. It's such an honour!

Went for conferences in Blackpool and Manchester.

Oh yes! How can I forget! My little girl starts school this month. She looks all grown up in her uniform.

October
Going for an international conference in the place that is famous for the song ...."I left my heart in ___________ (fill in the blanks)" Yesssssssssssssss!!

4 comments:

PreciousPearl said...

ahah! so you are not a-sleeping after all! sounds like you had a good summer.
congrats on the naik pangkat and yes, better behave yourself... and waiting for u to post a pic of little Miss in her school uniform :)
have a nice time in _______ (if one can ever have a nice time at conferences)

Hammerhead said...

Already book on a tour of Monterey, Carmel & the 17 mile drive and also a champagne lunch on a luxury yacht cruising the Bay...Hahaha! Already enjoying the conference..!

PreciousPearl said...

malau! why my conferences never like that one???

Hammerhead said...

Haha! You have to be creative!